Obligor Responsibilities

(Party Paying Support)

   By law, the obligor is required to provide information needed to process the case and manage the order.

The obligor must:

-Inform CSEA of any changes in your or the Obligee’s address, phone number, and employment status

- -Pay your child support directly to Ohio Child Support Payment Central (OCSPC) or through CSEA. Do NOT make payments directly to the Obligee, as CSEA is unable to give credit for direct payments. By law, direct payments to the obligee are considered a gift.

- -You are responsible for paying your support obligation in full each month. If payments are not being received from an income source, you must submit payments on your own through OCSPC or at the CSEA Payment window. (See Payment Information Section)

- - Inform CSEA of any of the following reasons why an order should terminate, including but not limited to: Emancipation of the child, death of any party (child, obligor or oblige), permanent disability of the obligor, incarceration of any party, child on order placed in the custody of Ohio Department of Youth Services (ODYS) or Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), or the child becomes eligible for dependent benefits through the Obligor’s Social Security or Veteran’s disability or retirement benefits.

- - Provide CSEA with supporting documents to complete the emancipation process and end of modify the support order. This can include a copy of a high school diploma or a school withdrawal letter when the child reaches age 18; proof of enlistment in the military; proof of the child’s marriage, court orders for a change in legal custody or adoption of the Child.

- - Enroll the child in a health insurance plan if you are ordered by the Court or by CSEA.

- - Provide CSEA with all copies of court/administrative orders which may affect your support order, including but not limited to changes in custody or support order amount.

- - Keep any and all records pertaining to your support order, including payments made. Additional copies of your court orders may cost money to obtain.

- - Provide documents requested by the CSEA by the stated deadline in the notice you receive.

- - Contact the CSEA to report any problems or issues arising on your support case (Example  arrears are paid in full, spousal support obligation to end). Most issues can be handled by phone. An appointment is required to see your Investigator.

Become educated about your support order.

You are ultimately accountable for your order.

Know your rights and responsibilities and exercise them.